It seems that before Ottoman domination (1453-1821) the village had also important growth. It is concluded by the fact that the Turks placed aga in the village, thing that they were doing only in significant villages.
During the “Orlofics” period (1770), in which the Turks-Albanians ruined Peloponnese and the resistance of Greeks began to be organised, the klepht Christos Ntousiaitis made his appearance and shined for his great action. For this reason, there is a traditional song for him.
The participation of residents of Ntousia in the uprising of 1821 against the Turks was important. Anagnostis Mpismpikis and Anagnostis Mpelitsis shined as klephts. Stamatis Mpelitsis and Dimitris (Mitros) Mpelitsis shined as warlords. Mitros Mpelitsis was killed in the important battle in Sella of Aigialia (17.07.1827) and a traditional song exists for him too.
In July, 1826, turk pasha Imbraim crossed by the village. His residents were embattled in an off-hand castle (its ruins are saved until today), their resistance was not successful and Imbraim stole all the spreads. During the period of 1833-1840 the village was the heading of Municipality of Stymfalia and it had 337 residents.
Changes in the name of the village:
a) With the Parliamentary Decree of 31-08-1912, OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF THE HELLENIC REPUBLIC 262, issue A, the village was renamed from Ntousia to Dousia because it was considered that the name Ntousia was of Turkish origin.
b) With the Decree of 09-09-1927, OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF THE HELLENIC REPUBLIC 206, issue A, the village was renamed to Zevgolatis from the name of an old settlement that existed in the locality of “Zevgolatio” plain and declared ranch with mill.
c) With the Decree of 12-03-1928, OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF THE HELLENIC REPUBLIC 81, issue A, the village was renamed to Kefalari, thanks to the big spring in its plain, called “Kefalari” and by which is irrigated all the valley of the village.
As Community and with the name Dousia, the village was voted with the Decree of 31-08-1912, OFFICIAL JOURNAL OF THE HELLENIC REPUBLIC 269/1912.
The village, from the beginning of his existance until 1940, was one of the bigger of Stymfalia and his population during the period of 1900-1940 fluctuated in about 980-1200 residents.
From 1940 and afterwards, began his downfall because of the internal and external immigration of his residents, which was mainly a result of the civil war.
SOURCE OF GENERAL INFORMATION AND HISTORY: The book of our compatriot Spyros N. Spyropoylos, titled “KEFALARI STYMFALIAS (the village of Ntousias)”.